About: With the cost of higher education rising each year, the Board of the Chief Petty Scholarship Fund (CPOSF) has made it our mission to generate and distribute funds for educational opportunities for qualified family members of the Chief Petty Officer community.
Eligibility: Candidates eligible for scholarship awards must be:
- A dependent child, step-child, or a non-uniformed spouse of the US Navy Active Duty, Honorably Retired, Reserve, or Deceased Chief, Senior Chief, or Master Chief Petty Officer.
- In the year of their request, possess a GED, be a graduating high school senior or high school graduate intending to enter, or an undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited and degree granting institution of higher learning.
How we can help? The CPOSF relies on fundraisers, donations, allotments and investments in order to provide financial assistance to those who are qualified. Below is a few of the ways we make dreams come true:
- National Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): which is the main source of revenue via PayPal donations (Member #11549).
- Other Donations: generous support comes from Navy Chief Petty Officer community, individuals, book royalties, and from our corporate sponsors.
- Fundraisers: “Best of the Mess” – a culinary showdown for Navy Chiefs that is open to the public (Tidewater).
- Tournaments – Golf, Pool, Darts (All regions)
- MCPON Walker Legacy Ride (Tidewater)
- Coin Auctions – online
- Shop smile.amazon.com
- CPO Initiation Season – an opportunity to encourage new Chief Petty Officers to contribute through their own fundraisers and donations of unused Mess Funds.
The Chief Petty Officer Scholarship Fund is a non-profit and dependent upon Tax-Deductible Donations to support its educational “Gift of Knowledge.” More information can be found via their website.